Sunday, April 14, 2013

Falling in love

I have spent the last 9 weeks...

  Falling.
     In.
        Love.

Over and over again each day I fall more deeply in love with our little boy, Dominic.  There have been moments that I have found myself breathless as I look into his eyes, capture and memorize the curves of his face, smell his sweetness, touch the softness of his skin and listen to his breath and the beloved noise escape his lips.
 

He has begun to share his priceless smile with us and he has even shared a few giggles with me.  As I look down into his eyes and feel him tugging at my breast, it feels like he's tugging at my heart.

 I feel like I have know him forever.  He and I were meant to be together. 


More than that though, he was meant to be with us.  With our family. 

I had no doubts.  I knew that he would be:

Treasured.
Celebrated.
Admired.
Oohed and aahed over.
Cherished.
And so, so very loved and adored.

But seeing it and feeling it, well, like I said, it simply takes my breath away. 

I am so in love. 


We are so in love.  This little boy has captured our heart.
 
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,
who have been called according to his purpose."   Romans 8:28

Very few things are promised to us, but this I know: God shines light into our darkness. 


As I lay here and think about all the gifts that Aiden, Gavin, Gabe, and Jeremiah have
brought to our lives, tears fill my eyes, joy grips my heart and my spirit is filled with hope. 
 
I can only imagine what the little boy laying beside me tonight will teach us.





 
Photography by:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment