Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tattoos

Tattoos are often a collection of significant and meaningful things in a person's life. 

--------------------------------------

By understanding my tattoos, you begin to understand me.  My tattoos tell a story about me and my life, without any words at all.

This may not have all been apparent to you at a first glance.

Some tattoos have meanings that you will never know by just looking at them.

Try not to judge the wearer of such a piece of art and instead, ask them why they chose the design they did.  You might be surprised and you just might come to respect their reasons and have a new appreciation for the art as a whole.

---------------------------------------

For me and my tattoos, I feel like I am now able to display my love and devotion for Aiden and Jeremiah on my skin for all to see.  It's an honor.

And that, I need.

Here is a picture of a couple of them:


The footprints are Aiden's actual footprints- both size and shape.  He is with me, every step I take! ♥ 

The peacock feather is in honor or Jeremiah.  Written within the feather is Jeremiah 29:11- the Bible verse that he is named after. 

The feather itself has many meanings.  Many believe that a peacock tattoo represents integrity, unity, inner beauty, patience, compassion, truthfulness, devotion to God, hope, belief, optimism, a fresh mind and a light heart. The Chinese consider wearing peacock tattoos to be lucky for women, bringing good luck and fortune to pregnancy. 

These are all things I like to believe I am or have- or need!

It's a tribute to Jeremiah and a reminder of what God has in store for me. ♥

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." JEREMIAH 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment